Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Celebration of Normality

Written on February 28th, 2010

In celebration of feeling normal here are somethings that no longer elicit a profound response from me.

* pit latrines
* eating rice three times a day
[this doesn't mean I particularly like these things]
* food bowl (eating from one huge bowl with my family)
* public transportation
* surviving spending the day speaking in Wolof
* spending time with my family
* fetching water and carrying a bucket on my head (not that I'm good at it)
* bucket baths (I now kind of like them but that might just be because after I feel clean)
* lowering my expectations and not feeling bad if all I did today is drink attaya and shell peanuts
* bike rides
* being hot and sweaty always
* speaking in Gambian English
* GI issues and generally strange/ridiculous bodily functions

No comments:

Post a Comment